Monday, March 14, 2011

Entertaining
Pithy
Engrossing
Offensive
Surprising!
Fabulous
Brilliant
Different
Intriguing
Imaginative
Thought-provoking
FANxxxxxxTASTIC!
Four in a Bed - drama quartet written by me and Rosie, co-produced with Bootleg Theatre Company - finished its Frome run on Saturday with sell-out audience and post-show party courtesy of Martin, new owner of Upstairs at the Lamb and big supporter of our pub theatre venture Nevertheless. Friday night was an unexpected sell-out too, and feedback has been amazing, from one-word responses (typical selection above) to emails texts & calls. "Thank you for a wonderful evening, innovative and enjoyable, Frome so needs this!" "Really good writing - absorbing, touching and funny!"

Massive thanks to Stew, Kerry, Sara and Joe for their strong acting and to Colin for bringing it all together. There's a final performance of this production on Wednesday at Eastney and then in festival the fun starts again when Bristol's Stepping Out company brings Lullabies of Broadmoor to Frome Festival.

2 comments:

Alon Serper said...

I already left a comment on the very successful drama evening in the last posting as in my nature I like to do things as soon as I can.

I think my congratulations and thanks to Rosie and Crysse for the evening are well worth reiterating.

As the events in Japan make me think about the apocalypse, it is good to have such evenings before it comes to Frome.

Alon Serper said...

I already left this comment in the last post. But I think my congratulations and thanks to Rosie and Crysse for a very successful evening are well worth reiterating. And of course encouraging them to continue.

I love the idea of 'one word' summary of experience. My word was 'comfort' for I felt at ease.