Wednesday, April 29, 2009

And so it's farewell Half Moon Bay. I've had my last long walks beside the windswept sands & roaring rolling waves, with carpets of bright iceplant and cedars silhouetted against that impossible cobalt sky, my final rock scramble with only pelicans and egrets sharing Moss Beach with me. No more visits to the exciting city-ness of San Francisco and Santa Cruz. No more maple porridge & Peruvian coffee then back to my laptop for my morning stint of writing, with the chickens peering in through my window. California I'm missing you already. Thanks Mo, Anja, Kaitlyn, Erin, for taking me into your home, and thanks to everyone who made this trip such a privilege and a pleasure.

So, on a scale of 1 to 10, how much did I enjoy my month in California?
I'd give it a straight 12.

No comments: